Skip to main content

CHRISTMAS BOOK REVIEW: advent storybooks day 5

Not a lot going on today. The book I have for advent today is really cute, though -- I think you'll enjoy it!




Day 05 – Mr. Willowby’s Christmas Tree – Robert Barry
 
A beautiful book set to rhyme about a Christmas tree that is too tall for Mr. Willowby’s parlor … so he has the butler chop the top off! The Christmas tree top makes its way around the house, the neighbors, and the surrounding forest animals, getting trimmed progressively smaller as it is picked up by smaller creatures … until the tiniest piece finds its way to a field mouse family, and they use it to make their Christmas merry indeed!

The illustrations really sold this book for me. The pictures are very sincere and expressive in the way our favorite UPA style cartoons are styled, and I particularly like seeing how the pages are designed around the action! There are also a lot of sweet details to find in the homes of each animal, which helps stage the comedy as the story unfolds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More treats! + CHRISTMAS BOOK REVIEW: advent storybooks day 15, 16, 1

I've had a busy few days getting caught up on baking! With just a week left before our Christmas Eve Feast, things are speeding up!!  At the request of little bro, vanilla-mint marshmallows! (alton brown's recipe!) Fudge!    Fondant cherry chocolates 😍 Chewy molasses cookies w candied ginger!  Book reviews ahead!! 

Christmas Cookie day + CHRISTMAS BOOK REVIEW: advent storybooks day 9 + 10

Christmas baking is well under way! I wasn't joking when I said my family makes candies and cakes and cookies galore around this time of year.  (I have even forgotten to take pictures of a few! We have also made pecan shortbread tea cakes and some fudge ... YUM.)  Book reviews are here as well! Fashionably late, but we're gaining steam haha. 

CHRISTMAS BOOK REVIEW: advent storybooks day 22, 23, 24

A very merry *belated* Christmas to you! I got wrapped up in Christmastime celebrations and completely forgot I had book reviews to do! Advent ended on December 24th, so this entry will conclude my advent reviews ... and even though they're a tiny bit late, these are still enjoyable winter stories and I encourage you to seek them out. Thanks for following along on this project! I'm looking forward to sharing more reviews with you soon. Here's another wintertime treat for you! A little doodle of Reggie and Crew (characters from my upcoming graphic novel, Monster Friends ), wishing you a Merry Christmas with a happy tune!